Thursday, January 3, 2019

Speak Life





My Friend, I am inviting you to join me on my journey this year.

I will still be telling you the great things I know about you.  That was the reason I started "Never Forget the Truth".
But, I am also inviting you to walk beside me through a detour.

The past two month I have had a lot of unrelated medical tests. It is the end of the year, a time to take care of such things. 
 * Some tests came back disappointing. My Neurologist wants me to go on MS medicine after 10 years without it. 
 *Some came back fine. There was a small concern about an aneurysm in my brain, but I'm ok.  
                However...... I had other tests, scans and a biopsy.  

After the fun New Year's Eve lunch pictured here with our kids,








I got THE call as I was driving to the mall with my daughter.

- THE call where the doctor told me she could call back or I should pull over
- THE call where she told me to get a pen because she was going to spell the diagnosis and tell me other medical results I have never had a reason to know before this moment.

I understood the word "invasive".
I understood the word "carcinoma". 

And so it begins.

I will no longer casually pop into the Stephanie Spielman Breast Cancer Center annually to check "have a mammogram" off of my responsible adult checklist.

They now consider me an oncology patient. 
What?! Who knew?  
          - Wait - I know the answer to that. 

So here is the plan so far: Friday, I meet with a surgeon.  Next week I meet with a plastic surgeon, then onto radiology.  

I really don't know any more yet. I was told it is the best case scenario for a scenario you never want. I think I may need to become a spokesperson for the importance of early detection.

Friend - Stop feeling sorry for me! 

I'm really not afraid.  
I have an unexplainable amount of peace. (Oh, I know the answer to that, too)

I can only tell you that God prepared me for this.  I have total peace for myself. I'm not a fan of surgery. But I have no doubt I'm going to be ok.
I have more concerns for those I love - my mom, my kids, my husband and family.  But, they are going to be ok, too.  

I appreciate your prayers and encouraging words, especially for my family.  I will be as open and honest as I can with the intention of helping you help others (and maybe yourself). I'm sure talking with you will help me too.  Maybe I can write myself happy if I start to feel afraid. 

There are things I am already learning but don't quite have all the words to explain yet.  

So I won't say goodby today with my usual "Never Forget the Truth...." 

Today, I am asking you to practice speaking words of Life to others.
 These are words of hope, 
   words that see the good, 
   that see the "impossible" actually happening, 
   words that are like light in the darkness. 

Speak Life 

Blessings to you, my friend 💕💕💕 
I'll meet you again here soon.

Love, Kathy

PS.  Go see the new Mary Poppins movie.  
         I really do want to be a Leery. In my mind I am a very good dancer. 



2 comments:

  1. Kathy, you know you are all in my prayers daily. Efforts redouble! So ironic (Yes, we know Who!) I had just received and was hugging my pillow.
    'We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;" 2 Cor. 4:8
    ❣️��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to you Kathy - we know Who’s got this!😊

    ReplyDelete