Saturday, December 29, 2018

My Words Cannot Be Stolen

My Words Cannot Be Stolen



It has been two months since I have successfully written anything.
It felt so weird.  I tried to write.  I had ideas and thoughts I wanted to discuss with you.  I would even make myself laugh as I thought of telling you why you remind me of Elmo or a pot.  But I could not get the words out.

What was stopping me?

I wondered if I was supposed to stop writing you all together.  But, every time this thought crossed my mind I knew immediately that was not the case.

So, what was the problem?

 Busyness?
             Well- Yes - but that is a problem for most people. It was different than that.

Insecurity?
             Maybe - I sometimes struggle with the thought that I am just another person saying, “Blah, blah, blah” on the Internet.  This is why I ignored my sister’s continual prompting to write to you for so many years.

Grief?
          That is another possibility.  But it did not stop me from writing before this.

Than I realized what had happened.

                            LIES - That is it!

Believing the lies that pop in my head to keep me silent……
 The lies that keep me from speaking Truth……

I have the blessing of knowing my “call” in life - my purpose.

It is to encourage you and my other friends - to remind you of who you really are and of all the wonderful things God says about you.

  I am a cheerleader. I was born that way.

Don't judge me.  I have too much jiggle to jump anymore.

But I have just the right heart and mind to see the amazingness God has placed in you.
When things are not going well and it looks like you may be defeated, God made me to be your friend, to cheer you on and remind you of YOUR purpose and value, and His power that is in you.

I KNOW God has placed great things in you. There is a wonderful purpose for your life.  Everything you face can be used for good.  I love hearing your stories and the ways God shows himself to you.

So, my friend, please know that I think of you often and pray for you.
I am thankful for the struggles I have had the last two months. They remind me that we all need encouraged on our journeys.  It is so easy to start believing things about ourselves or our circumstances that are not true.  We can slip into discouragement before we realize what has happened.

However, I realized -----

My words cannot be stolen because The Word is in me.

I will be back in 2019 to remind you of the wonderful things God thinks of you.
(I am pretty sure the Bible does not say you are like Elmo. That was my own random thought).

Blessings to you, my friend, as we begin a new year and a new adventure.





Here is a preview.  My husband and I accidently came across Peggie Sue's BBQ in Dallas. We ended up there twice.  We were scheduled to spend a week on the Gulf Coast but ended up in Dallas, then passed through Waco and spent extra time in Cypress.  The best things happen when you can just say "Whatever".



Doesn't he look like he has horns coming out of his head in the picture above? 😎😍

No comments:

Post a Comment