Friday, March 9, 2018

Priceless




What part of you makes you you?  (How is that for a sentence?)
Really - What make you - you?
Your accomplishments? Education? Personality? Opinions? Experiences? Abilities?

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Psalm 139:14)


Just to get the confusion out of the way, the term “fearfully” here, can be defined as “in awe or reverence to God” or “Holy respect”.  Let's face it - Humans were created to be pretty amazing, especially babies.  Who doesn't feel better when seeing a laughing baby?


Laughing baby video


But your fearfully and wonderfully made is different from my fearfully and wonderfully made.
What if mine seems to be missing parts that some people think are essential? What if yours is unable to do things that others can do?

Are we all still fearfully and wonderfully made?

Absolutely!
God created your INMOST being.  That is who you are. Nothing can change that.
You were created in God’s image for a wonderful specific purpose.



My friend, Sarah’s spinal column was not closed when she was born. It has created struggles for her that those born with closed spinal columns do not have to face.  Does that define who Sarah is?
Of course not! She is not her surgeries, or wheelchair, or spinabifida.  Sarah is 100% fearfully and wonderfully made.  She will accomplish all of the important purposes for her life.  I am so thankful for her.  She and her mother are both wonderful, compassionate encouragers.


It is easy to be distracted by outward appearances.
It is easy to forget that our true value is our inmost being.

I am going to confess something to you. I had a rough couple of days of grief earlier this week.   When I looked in the mirror one morning, I did not see the immense value God says that I have.  I saw a red nose, puffy eyes, a zillion new wrinkles & lumpy hair. Did you see that ostrich in the video earlier?  That is how I felt when I looked in the mirror.

Image result



* My friend, I have been studying the great things God says about you for five years.  If I can be distracted that quickly, how much more is the vulnerability of a teenager who has never heard that his/her value has nothing to do with appearance or money or even grades.


It is time for us to get the message out!

First to ourselves, then to those around us.

Your value is not dependent on your appearance or performance.  Your value comes from the One who created you and says you were fearfully and wonderfully made for a purpose.

Never forget the truth-
*** You are priceless because the One who created you deemed you of greater value than you could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment