Friday, March 23, 2018

Child of God




Dear Friend,
I am writing you this note after I have completed the blog below.  Something was pressing on my heart throughout the night. So, I knew I wanted to write you personally.
I haven't yet shared any of the deep hurts or struggles in my life on this blog.
I meet you here to encourage you.  To help you remember your importance and the great things God says about you.
After praying about this through the night, I want to tell you - This is my issue.  If you have been meeting me here regularly, you know God has blessed me with an amazing mother - seriously - You need to meet her.  You will absolutely love her..... & she will love you.
However, my father died of heart failure when I was in kindergarten.  Of course, it affected everything about me.  I did not realize it until I was in my 30s.  By then, I could look back and begin to understand certain behaviors and insecurities caused by being fatherless.  I was 36 before I ever saw the verse in Psalm that says God is Father to the fatherless.  It was another year before I would pray to God as Father.  Clearly, it has been an issue.
After the sudden death of my sister, one might expect me to say, "She is with Jesus". Of course, I did think that....second.  But if I'm honest, I thought, "She is so lucky. She gets to see our dad..... & Jesus."
I know I am not the only one to struggle with father issues.  Mother issues are just as painful.
So, my friend, please be encouraged by the things I wrote for you below.  It was hard for me to write.  But, I know it is true.  You are perfectly loved by the perfect Father.  I pray you will be able to rest in that and grasp the truth.

Love,
Kathy


 Image result


I have really good news for you. 
Whether you have a great dad, an average one, a terrible one or one who is not around at all, the perfect Father's love is available to you.  

It is a love that completes you.  It is a love that heals your heart and refreshes the deepest parts of you.  As I type this note, I'm praying for you.  I am asking God to make this truth penetrate deep into every part of your being.  

The Father, God, chose you to be his child (Eph. 1:4). All he asks you to do is believe Him.

John 1:12-13 (NLT)  But to all who believed him(Jesus) and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God (13) They are reborn - not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.

Sometimes our wounds and scars prevent us from understanding this amazing privilege.  If you know you are having trouble "getting it", ask God to make this truth real for you, deep in your heart.  

As God's child, you are blessed with privilege and perspective.  

Image result


The news about being a child of God gets even better. 

Did you know you have a perfect parent who not only loves you, but delights in you? 

Yes - He delights in you!

He will calm all your fears during times that seem uncertain.  He even sings a joyful song over you.  

"For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.” Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

It reminds me of this viral video from last year. Check out how much this father and daughter enjoy singing together.  


Adorable! 

But God's love for you, his precious child, is even greater.  He enjoys you even more than this. It gave Him pleasure to make you His child. (Eph 1:5) 

I want to challenge you this week.  Every time you see a parent and child (maybe even you and your own child), remind yourself that God loves YOU and delights in YOU even more than what you are witnessing.   I'm telling you, friend, it is hard to truly understand.  So, ask God to show you.  As this truth works its way into your heart, your entire perspective will change. 

I John 3:1a (NLT) 
See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are! 

Your Father delights in you.  

Never Forget the Truth - You are a child of God. 







No comments:

Post a Comment