Thursday, February 1, 2018

Masterpiece


Welcome, Friend💕. I'm so happy you are here.  Check out this outdoor cooking contraption I saw on TV.  It made me think of you.  Not because you are a grill master or you once had dreams to be a space shuttle astronaut, but because of the comment of the show's host.  This grill is not only shaped like a space shuttle on the outside, but the inside has a large cooking chamber and flame throwers off of the back.  But as soon as it was revealed there were also beer taps on it,  the grill was dubbed a masterpiece.  I laughed as I thought of how many men I know that would love this in their backyards.  


So why does this remind me of you?  Because you, too, are a masterpiece. One of much greater value than the ultimate grill or meat smoker. 
Like the grill, you were created for a unique purpose.  Also, like the grill, not everyone will appreciate your value. 
When I hear the world "masterpiece", I picture a painting by Monet or the Taj Mahal.  
 Apparently, when others think of a masterpiece....... they think of a grill. 
What is a masterpiece? " A work of outstanding artistry, skill or workmanship."  (dictionary.com) 

That is you!!!! You are an outstanding work of the Creator.  
Even if right now, in your head, you are listing things you would like to change about yourself, it does not alter the Truth. God says its you..... You are His Masterpiece (Ephesians 2:10 NLT).  

Who is a better artist than the Creator of the universe?  







Karmen, from Chairs from the curb recently posted this picture on Facebook and Instagram.

What beautiful colors! 

My friend, your beauty is even greater than the sunrise. Your purposes are even more important than the grill.  

I pray this week that your 'self talk' will remind you that you are a masterpiece.  It is much easier for us to think this about an adorable child, a beautiful sunrise or other people than it is about ourselves.  But, it's you 💕💕💕💕


Never forget the Truth: You are God's Masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment