Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Created for a Purpose


Welcome - I wish we could sit down, meet for coffee or whatever beverage you enjoy, and chat for a while. That is one of my favorite things to do. 

A decade ago, my sister suggested I meet you here or perhaps start a website where we could meet.  She actually never let up on the idea.  When she started her own business, Dress Blessed, she told me I could meet you by starting a blog on her website.  But alas, life always seemed too busy to start.  Since I had/have 3 kids and a husband still at home, I told her she should meet you.  There were no kids living at her home. Plus, I thought she was more qualified.  I don't think it ever occurred to her to say the wrong thing. She had a great attitude & was extraordinarily kind and generous to everyone.  She never said bad words or ate too much chocolate.  I cannot promise you any of those things.
But she did not believe meeting you was her purpose. She was convinced it was mine. As recently as October, she told me the things I was writing and discussing were not just for her and my close friends, they were also for you.  

You see, despite my occasional mischievous behavior, I am blessed to know my purpose and to be given messages to share with you because I know some things about you already.  I know that you are overwhelmingly loved by the Creator of the entire universe.  You are so special and precious.  You were created for a purpose to do good things that are unique just for you.  Before either one of us was ever born, God knew we would encounter each other today, at this exact time for a very specific purpose.  I get so excited just thinking about it. 

So THANK YOU for being here.

I want us both to know and remember exactly what God says about us.  I want it to permeate every part of our being.  There are things I never forget about myself. Being a mother, a woman or a daughter are not things of which I need reminded. However, the fact that I am a child of God, perfectly loved, and completely forgiven, are things I seem to lose at times.

Do you ever walk into a different room to get some thing, then forget what it was you wanted?  The most important facts about our identity can be just like the forgotten items.  

I want us to discover and really KNOW deep in our hearts who we truly are and the power God has placed in us. 

So, our meeting place will be called "Never Forget..."   I hope you can come back and hang out with me next week. 


Blessings to you, my new friend๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

And never forget the Truth: You were created for a purpose that is unique just for you.






8 comments:

  1. Looking fwd to having a weekly Cup o Joe with you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, don't know you, but you already know I loved your sister, and now I owe her thanks for "introducing" us! I already feel like I have a "soul sister" in you, and I look forward to reading more! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlanne๐Ÿ’• I wanted to bring my mugs over to your place with some hot chocolate & a blanket when I saw your FB post of all the snow outside of your sun room last week. I

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful gift you and Jackie will always share and I thank you for inviting me to join you. What incredible blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I appreciate you stopping by. I appreciate your encouragement ๐Ÿ’•

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to following your blog and gleaning some of your wisdom!

    ReplyDelete